Trauma-Informed SEL in Tiered Systems of Support: Ed Leaders Share Best Practices
Tuesday, February 2, 2021 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm PST
Join Sound Supports and Principal Miyoshi Knox, Chicago Public Schools’ Leadership award winner, as they share how to create trauma-informed schools and districts and support students’ SEL and mental health across tiered systems of support.
In this edWebinar, the presenters will share:
- How to create safe and predictable environments for students, even in distance learning
- How to connect and build trust with students, so engagement and learning can happen in both in-person and distance-learning contexts
- How to implement trauma-informed SEL that addresses each student’s unique barriers to learning and builds resilience
- How to implement digital tools in an MTSS for efficacy and sustainability
- How to bring an equity lens to trauma-informed SEL work
School and district administrators, teachers and school support staff will learn concrete steps they can take to ensure their schools and districts are trauma informed across tiers, and that their students’ SEL and mental health are meaningfully supported as they continue to grapple with the challenges of COVID-19 and the social unrest we are all experiencing.
This edWebinar will be of interest to preK-12 school and district leaders, teachers, school counselors and social workers, federal program coordinators, and those involved in supporting student mental and behavioral health. There will be time for questions at the end of the presentation.
February 2, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm